Every year mineral exploration and mining organizations in B.C. open their doors to welcome teachers to their annual conferences. To support participation, organizers commonly waive fees for a limited number of teachers to attend talks, tradeshows, and in some cases, a field trip. MineralsEd facilitates teachers' participation by also offering TOC support.
Browse through past MineralsEd Pro-D Industry Conference Events for teachers and students below and in our photo gallery here.
If you are an educator interested in participating in one of the following industry events, contact MineralsEd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January (Vancouver) - Association for Mineral Exploration (AME) Roundup
- April (Kamloops) - Kamloops Exploration Group (KEG) Conference
- May (Northern B.C.) - Minerals North
- September (Kamloops) - Canadian Institue of Mining (CIM) South Central Branch Conference
- September - BC Technical and Research Committee on Reclamation
- November (Southern B.C.) - Minerals South
Teachers' Day at AME Roundup 2020
Teachers are invited to MineralsEd's professional development program at the Association for Mineral Exploration BC's Mineral Exploration Roundup conference in Vancouver. This January our program focuses on careers in the modern minerals industry. It will be a great opportunity for career educators to become familiar with the enormous breadth of careers in this vital resource sector, and the new technologies of highly skilled people in all aspects of mineral exploration and mining.
Visit our Flickr gallery for images of some of the participants from previous years.