Description: In partnership with the Association for Mineral Exploration (AME) and Teck Resources Ltd, MineralsEd is proud to host another professional development program for teachers at AME Roundup 2022 on Monday, January 31, 2022. Our Teachers’ Day theme this year is Innovation and Technology.
AME Roundup is an annual conference and gathering of professionals in the mining and mineral exploration industry. The Teachers’ Pro-D Day is a unique event that provides B.C. teachers with an opportunity to become more familiar with the minerals industry, the enormous breadth of careers in this vital resource sector, and new technologies of highly skilled people in all aspects of mineral exploration and mining.
This program consists of two parts:
- Innovation and Technology Panel: In the morning, teachers will connect with a panel of guest speakers who will shed light on Innovation and Technology transforming the mineral industry today! This portion of the event will be facilitated by MineralsEd Partner-Teacher and Pinetree Secondary Science teacher, Kerry Lockwood. Here is a list of this year's panelists:
- Keynote Lana Eagle (Lana Eagle Consulting) - Truth and Reconciliation in the Mining and Mineral Exploration Industry
- Rebecca Pearce (SFU Earth Sciences) - Earth X-Ray for Low Impact Mining
- Allison Blevings (Vrify Technology Inc.) - 3D Mine Modeling and Virtual Reality
- Nadine Miller (JDS Energy and Mining) - Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Xueya Lu (UBC EOAS, CarbminLab) - Carbon Capture in Ultramafic Mine Tailings
- Conference Tour: After the speaker panel, teachers will receive a 3-day full delegate pass. Teachers are free to tour the vast conference trade show floor, speak with representatives from mining and mineral exploration companies, and sit in on industry talks. The 3-day pass will also allow teachers to return to the Conference the following two days.
This event is suitable for teachers at all grade levels and will be of special interest to Science, Geology, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Geography, and Career Educators.
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 14, 2022
Date: Monday, January 31, 2022
Location: Vancouver Convention Centre West
Time: 9:00 am-2:00 pm
Important Notes: This is a full-day event. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available to participants, but we strongly encourage you to bring your own. All conference attendees must be fully vaccinated and will have to show proof and ID. Teachers wishing to attend must fill out the form below.
Teacher Teaching On-Call (TTOC) Support: Limited TTOC support is available from MineralsEd for teachers to attend this Teachers' Pro-D Day program. Please note that TTOC coverage is not available for other days of the conference. Priority will be given to career educators, Earth Science teachers, and those who have not had TTOC support to attend AME Roundup in previous years.
What to Bring: Walking shoes, notebook, backpack, snacks and water, face mask, hand sanitizer, curiosity, and questions!
Visit our Flickr gallery for some of the highlights from 2020!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
If you are interested in watching the recordings of the presentations at the Teachers' Pro-D Day at AME Roundup 2022, please fill out the form below.